BusyB have collected a few ways to prevent your doggies from being bored at home, for example if you pop to the shop or head out for dinner. Here’s a few ways of keeping your pooch occupied..
1. Giving your dog a good walk before you go out always helps! (the right amount of exercise) Making your dog tired before going out is a great way of making your dog sleep through the time you are out and about.
2. Fun new toys! The old toys may be a fave of theirs but some old toys do get boring, do a clean out! Buying your dog a new toy to play with is a great idea. Not only is it fun to play with it’s great to chew on – a lot better than chewing your furniture i’d say!
3. A classic kong! – filling a kong with some tasty treats is another great way of keeping your dog occupied. Preferably treats that are good for the dog, you could try some chicken, cheese even peanut butter. Sticky foods like peanut butter seem to be a lot better because it takes the dog a lot longer to retrieve the goods.
4. Make meal time fun… you could purchase a slow feeder bowl, this is almost like a maze of food! it takes them a lot longer to eat their dinner which is always good, keeping a dogs mind busy is the cure for boredom. Keeping their brain busy is a must but keeping it busy with food.. bonus! they’d love it.
5. Do any of your family or friends own one of their best pals? why not bring them over? Dogs loooove to socialise so a play date would be perfect, playtime is great for their socialisation but also great to get them tired and ready for a snooze.
So yes, dogs do get bored just like us. You wouldn’t want to be sitting around doing absolutely nothing all day, would you? I know i certainly wouldn’t. So here’s just a few tips on how to help that.